Foodlocker is an e-Commerce company founded by ex-Amazon and ex-Bunnings Warehouse millennials with over 10 years of experience in Operations Management, Finance, Marketing, Sales, and Engineering of Driverless Trains. Foodlocker is funded both locally and internationally. Our vision is to become the one-stop shop for fresh foodstuff in Nigeria that connects local farmers with consumers seeking convenience, healthy food, transparent and fair pricing, and no-frills shopping.
Many people will tell you "Retail is Detail". At Foodlocker, we believe "Less is More". Our aim is not to become the largest retail store in Nigeria with the broadest selection of products. We started Foodlocker to provide the right selection of top quality foodstuff to you through our no-frills, fairly priced, locally-sourced, and unbeatably convenient shopping model.
WHO IS A FOODLOCKER
1. A Foodlocker understands that the margin between price and value has to be very thin. The price you pay should be as close to the value you get as possible.
2. A Foodlocker is right a lot. Even if he/she makes a mistake, they own up and fix it quickly.
3. A Foodlocker has integrity. You can trust him/her.
4. A Foodlocker understands basic numbers. They can easily estimate in their head.
5. A Foodlocker loves farmers. He/she relishes the opportunity to spend time on the farm, to understand the products, to learn from the farmers, and to respect the effort that went into the cultivation/rearing process.
6. A Foodlocker rolls up his/her sleeves to get work done. No task is beneath a real Foodlocker. You will NEVER hear him/her say "that is not my job". A Foodlocker is NEVER too posh to help.
7. A Foodlocker NEVER cheats a customer, supplier, the company or another stakeholder. We are the eyes, ears, nose, hands, and legs of the customer. Hence, we NEVER deliver faulty orders. We would rather spend more to satisfy the customer than lose his/her trust.
8. A Foodlocker learns and improves.
9. A Foodlocker can sell. He/she understands his/her role as the access channel a farmer has to a food-loving market.
10. A Foodlocker does not put personal gain above the common good. He/She understands that money is the means of exchange for value, and that if they provide enough value to a willing and capable customer, money will come.
11. A Foodlocker NEVER compromises. They find better solutions.
12. A Foodlocker is a leader of 1. He/she operates with globally-acceptable standards of quality, service, integrity, and professionalism.